Theatres at St Mary's
There are 5 theatre areas at St Mary's:
- Main theatres 4th Floor QEQM
- Day Surgery 5th Floor Mary Stamford
- SIC 4th Floor Paterson Building
- Labour Ward 1st Floor Clarence Memorial
- Western Eye Hospital, 171 Marylebone Road
0750 team meeting outside Theatre 7 - all surgical specialties should be there
Usually start with ERPCs, then on priority – RCoS
Aim to reduce fasting times, be realistic about timings and give water where possible.
The SHO is on-call in Theatre 7 all day and there will be a Consultant anaesthetist present where possible.
It's helpful if the Night SHO can see first case if quieter on-call.
There is a daily Trauma meeting at 8am held virtually on Teams. The trauma theatre lists are confirmed during the meeting. Please liaise with the anaesthetic consultant for the list about list order & which patients to pre-assess.