- Think about how much time you have available for the project.
- For on-going Audit/QI projects we expect that more than one trainee will be involved over a 12 -month period & we will ensure that your work is recognised.
- For trainees on 3 month placements it should still be possible to complete one audit/QI cycle.
- All Audits/QI projects need to be registered.
- There will be prizes for the best Audit/QI projects over the year.
- We will support trainees looking to publish their work externally.
- If you have a particular project in mind that is not on the project list then email Dr Jenny Illingworth to discuss.
Registering Your Project
- Sign up to a project – the list is on the anaesthetic library notice board.
- Once you have signed up then email Dr Jenny Illingworth & I will add you to the Department’s Audit register.
- To register an Audit project with the Trust see below.
- Quality Improvement projects are registered via an online platform, Life QI. For more information & to request a login email Dr Jenny Illingworth.
Registering An Audit
- If your project has not been registered with the Trust then you will need to complete an Audit proposal form or Service Evaluation Form (tip these will open as Read only on mobile devices).
- The forms can also be found on Source: go to the Homepage, look on the left-hand side sidebar menu for “Safety and Effectiveness”. Click on the link & it will take you to the Clinical Governance page, on there you will see “Audit”. Click on the Audit box to find the Audit forms.
- Choose the most appropriate form, i.e. Audit or Service Evaluation & complete. They are not too onerous. They are smart forms so you need to open in an Edit enabled version of Microsoft Word for the drop down boxes to work.
- Once completed email the form to the Audit Team, cc email@example.com. The Audit team are aiming to review all audit proposals within 2 weeks. Once they have approved the audit they will email you confirmation & you can start your data collection.
Completing Your Project
- Once you have finished your audit or evaluation you need to complete an Audit Report. These can be found on Source in the same place as the Audit Proposal forms (Left hand side bar click on Safety & Effectiveness, select Audit & you will have the list of forms).
- We would like you complete the report within 4-6 weeks – this means that as a department we can use the data to make positive changes.
- Your supervisor will be able to help with the report & action plan.